Stat-X : Innovations in Fire Suppression
Stat-X is an innovative, self-contained, environmentally friendly suppression system, proven to be extremely effective in use across a wide range of applications and is especially effective where there is a need to protect critical areas and high value enclosures. Combining science and economics, it’s the advanced method for protecting more challenging applications.
The extinguishing agent
Recognised as being one of the most effective fire suppression agents available, potassium suppresses fire by a combination of chemical and physical mechanisms similar to Halon but without the negative effects on the environment. Because of the aerosol’s ultra-fine particle size (1-2μ micron) there is a dramatic increase in the surface area interaction between the agent and the fire.
Potassium based aerosol has proved in numerous tests to be a highly effective alternative to other extinguishing agents. Unlike some gaseous agents, the aerosol does not decompose in the presence of heat nor does it extinguish by oxygen deprivation. The result is an ultra fast fire knock down capacity and due to the potassium aerosol being suspended in the air of an enclosure for extended periods; it possesses long post fire security and can easily be vented after discharge.
- Significantly more effective than alternative extinguishing agents
- Environmentally friendly, Ozone depletion potential (ODP) = 0
- Zero global warming potential
- Suitable for enclosed facilities and ‘local’ applications
- Tested and Listed to UL Standard 2127
- Safe for personnel – non harmful at design application rates
- Does not reduce oxygen levels in the enclosure
- Will not damage electronic equipment or magnetic media
- Compact – up to 90% reduction in space and weight requirement
- No risk of loss of expellant gases
- Systems are installed based on established and tested design densities and application rates are designed specifically to the volume of the compartment being protected
Stat-X has undergone and passed stringent US accreditation under UL and is approved to UL2127. It is the only Condensed Aerosol to have undergone independent assessment by the US Environmental Protection Agency and deemed ‘Safe For Occupied Spaces’. Stat-X also holds a wide range of international approvals such as ISO 9001, ULC – Activfire Australia and the US Military.
Easy installation – no pressure vessels, piping or nozzles required
Extremely low maintenance
Provides reliable, cost effective protection for a wide range of fixed and transport related fire hazards
The aerosol suspends in air for extended suppression hold times and is quick and easy to vent after discharge
Insightful Experience Innovative Solutions
Nobel’s Stat-X fire suppression systems are used in critical applications across a wide range of industries around the globe.
Because of their fast response time, compact size, low fire extinguishing concentration, and environmental safety, Stat-X fire systems are protecting company assets throughout the world, providing advanced methods of fire safety for use across more challenging applications.
-Marine and offshore,
-Utilities / Power Generation,
-Telecoms / Data,